Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stealth Pilot

Default OT- Kansas joins right to carry

On 30 Mar 2006 16:07:27 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:47:21 +0800, Stealth Pilot wrote:
On 30 Mar 2006 15:38:10 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Stealth Pilot

Speaking of paranoia, why the pseudonym? Ashamed of your views, or are
you afraid of something?

huh? I thought you were the one with the pseudonym.

If you consider "Dave" to be a pseudonym for "David", then sure. How
about answering the other questions, Sparky?

ok it is an accident of history.

I was trying to protect my daughter from predators when I originally
set up my internet account.
I was reading through one of our safety authority's interminably
stupid safety magazines (I'm an australian pilot) when I noticed an
article on transponders in aircraft. the article intoned pilots to
have one and fit one to protect commercial aviation.
the notion is crap.
a. the transponder costs $aus2,500 to buy and about every three years
needs an altitude calibration at about $aus300. it does absolutely
nothing for the owner.
b. the nearest I get to commercial aircraft is in a circuit when a
transponder is really going to be useful. at other times they are at
least 10,000 ft above me.
the article had the banner heading that without the transponder on and
in mode C you were a stealth pilot.

just as I read that I looked up and the installation process prompted
for a user name. I typed in "Certified CASA Stealth Pilot" because I
have no intentions of installing a transponder.
I later condensed it down to Stealth Pilot because in all fairness the
Civil Aviation Safety Authority hadnt certified me.

as it happens my wife and daughter never used the account. the string
is configured somewhere in free agent.

I have held office in one of our national aviation organisations and
the anonymity allowed me to make honest independent comment.

so there you have it.
Stealth Pilot