Posted to alt.home.repair
German Jerry

Default Fireplace just installed - not performing

Harry,
Sounds like the motors electric leads must have been hooked backward.
In certain motors that can make a simple electric motor run backward.
Im glad you got it figured out.
I love my fireplace for making smores but for heating my living room it
is not useful. It was better when the heatilator was first installed
but over time it is a bit frusterating if you are expecting it to
really heat.
I just changed my mindset about how I was using the fireplace. I use it
on mild temperature nights to make smores and cook hotdogs with the
kids and to enjoy the ambiance. Besides that.... I close the damper and
it is an attractive centerpiece for the livingroom. I know it sounds
defeatest but it may work to just think of your fireplace differently.