Owain

Default Screw Fix delivery times

"Christian McArdle" wrote
| This law is not intended doesn't cover accidental deliveries.

AFAICS it does, and unsolicited goods do not immediately become the
recipient's. The recipient can inform the sender and request the goods to be
removed, which the sender must do within 30 days of being informed, after
which time the goods become the recipient's, or the recipient can keep them
for six months without informing the sender, but must keep them safe and not
use them, and return them to the sender if requested to do so within the six
months, only after which time do the goods then become the recipient's.

Now, if Screwfix or anyone else can't track their deliveries for six months
I think it's perfectly reasonable to enjoy a freebie, but if after 5 months
they say "we sent you some things in error can we have them back please"
then AIUI you have to return them to Screwfix. (Especially if you signed for
them!)

If half a dozen No.6 x 1" screws come through your letterbox without
explanation then you might not wait for the full six months; you might think
it was a free gift or a sample or an apology for the last lot of poor
service or whatever (and I think this applies to the agents who put
catalogues through your letterbox and then come round and ask for them back
if you don't buy anything) - the law does not concern itself with trifles -
but if you order one SDS drill and six materialise, you know perfectly well
they're not yours and to pretend otherwise is dishonest.

Homily over :-)

Owain