Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug

Default HARBOR FREIGHT SLOT JOINTER

I believe I own the biscut joiner you are talking about. It's a Dewalt
knockoff. I'd buy it again any day. The only issue I have with it is
that it probably has a bit more runnout than the better machines. But
in form and function it's the same as the Dewalt at a 1/3 of the price.
I'm just a hobbiest, so I don't use it a ton. But it's got plenty of
power (whips through white oak) and does the job. The slots are
probably a bit more sloppy than the machines with less runnout, but
it's not a probem. The biscuts swell in just fine. Go for it

BT98 wrote:
I came accros a posting of a Harbor Freight slot cutter the other day
and now I can' find it. I wonder if it was on this group? It was
something about the Central Machine unit being a fair cutter. I wonder
if anyone has any comments on their better unit? I had been looking
for one on E-Bay and those guys are nuts. The Makita and Porter-Cable
units are selling for almost the new price.