Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mouse Balls

Devonshire,

Autograph from Gerber Systems. Around 1983. About 1989 or so we
purchased the Saber 9000 CAD/CAM for around 90K which came with a HP
workstation running X Windows. Very powerful system for the time.
Gerber had their stuff together but I think the cost and lack of
marketing really hurt them. Many ended up working for CNC and I think
that gave them the lead. In around a ten mile radius, you had the
talents of Gerber, CNC and CadKey. Its a shame the direction that
Cadkey took. You use to see them all the time but today you hardly see
the software in any shop.

gary

Did the CAD software happen to be CadKey? In college we had tablets
and wands that worked with that software. The wand kinda looked like
a ball point pen.

Devonshire