Posted to alt.home.repair
Travis Jordan

Default Water heater leak aftermath

wrote:
That's complete BS. Following that logic, owners would have to keep a
log of every repair ever made to a house. Should I tell them that in
the summer of 1988 I had to use a plunger on a toilet too? LOL
Have you ever even bought or sold a house? I've done it lots of
times and no seller ever disclosed that kind of nonsense to me, nor
did I to anyone else. If it was a roof leak and it was repaired
correctly, that's the end of it, period.

Sure, I've bought a sold a few houses over the years.

http://www.nj.gov/lps/ca/adoption/dcado517.htm

EXCERPT:
The property condition disclosure statement shall be in the following
form and contain, at a minimum, the following information. Additional
information may be requested if, in the opinion of the real estate
licensee, and under the facts and circumstances of a particular real
estate transaction, it would be appropriate to do so.

SELLER'S PROPERTY CONDITION

DISCLOSURE STATEMENT

Property Address: ______________

Seller: _______

The purpose of this Disclosure Statement is to disclose, to the best of
Seller's knowledge, the condition of the Property, as of the date set
forth below. The Seller is aware that he or she is under an obligation
to disclose any known material defects in the Property even if not
addressed in this printed form. Seller alone is the source of all
information contained in this form. All prospective buyers of the
Property are cautioned to carefully inspect the Property and to
carefully inspect the surrounding area for any off-site conditions that
may adversely affect the Property. Moreover, this Disclosure Statement
is not intended to be a substitute for prospective buyer's hiring of
qualified experts to inspect the Property.

/snip/

ROOF

Yes No Unknown

4. Age of roof _______
5. Has roof been replaced or repaired since seller bought the property?
6. Are you aware of any roof leaks?
7. Explain any "yes" answers that you give in this section: