Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.antiques
Beandout

Default How do I value furniture?

Andy Dingley wrote in
:

Hey Andy,
Maybe you can help me out.You mentioned Stickley catalogues but going to
thier site reveals about 14 choices and I am truely at a loss here.I was
recently given a chair to sell at a yard sale. The chair belonged to my
grandmother so there is no question as to it's age....at least 70.It is a
small scale side chair with a thin thin back containing a heart shaped cut-
out.Stamped in the wood on the underside of the seat are the
words....Stickley,Fayetteville,Syracuse along with the number 5. There are
also 2 sets of 4 digit numbers in a greenish ink but they are nearly
unreadable. I am no antique buff. I only know not to sell anything at a
yard sale that looks antique, before investigating it. Any help or guidance
is appreciated.

Thank You,

Bean