Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Devonshire

Default Mouse Balls

On the day of Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:25:11 -0600...
Matt Helm
typed these letters:

The mouse I'm refering to was
indeed optical. No ball. But it required a special gridded mouse
pad that had to be oriented in a certain way in order for it to work
correctly. If this is the mouse in question it doesn't work the same
as the modern optical mice. The modern ones take pictures of the
surface to track movement.

Not quite correct. The resolution and size of the picture as changed.

Matt

So this special gridded mouse pad wasn't wired to the mouse?
From the way the info I found on it read. I assumed it worked
like a digitizer pad where the mouse or pointing device and the pad
were wired and worked together. So this old optical mouse even
though it required a special pad, the pad served no other purpose
than for the mouse to see.

Devonshire