Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default OT- Kansas joins right to carry

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:30:27 +0800, Stealth Pilot
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:13:59 GMT, Nick Hull
wrote:

In article ,
Stealth Pilot wrote:

it is truely a tragedy when neighbours and friends view people they
dont know with deep suspicion. there is a core aspect of humanity
which is destroyed in the process.

An armed society is a polite society. We view strangers with respect,
not suspicion. If you had ever CCW legally you might have a clue.

I beg to differ. you have obviously never experienced a peaceful
civilised society ....one where guns are not necessary and the women
beautiful.
you need to experience one. you'll be amazed at how paranoid your life
has become.

the tragedy for americans is that as technologically gifted as you
have been no one looks up to your society any more.
the guns and the needless paranoia turns us off.

Stealth Pilot

Other than in fevered LSD dreams..which society might that be?

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams