Posted to alt.food.barbeque,alt.home.repair
u_s_s

Default Fixing up an cast aluminum grill . . . .

"Jay" wrote in message
et...
"JKleisli" wrote in message
Hi, I am fixing up an old gas grill that came with my house. I already
painted the outside and replaced the burners and its great so far. But on
the inside of the grill covers, besides the grease, there was a black
coating they had on them that was peeling. So I took a sander to them and
the inside is down to bare alimunum. Is it alright to leave it that way
or
should they be treated some how? I'm hesistant to paint them just because
the high heat paint I used on the outside says it shouldn't be used on
surface that comes in direct contact with flame (although the covers
might
not get that much contact with flame I suppose). Any advice would be
appreciated.

Ask this question over on alt.food.barbecue and you'll get the definitive
answer. Those guys LIVE grills of all types!!!!

No, those guys live (if you can call it that) to get into endless online
****ing contests that are, for the most part, wholly unrelated to barbecue.