Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default How to Tell If a Replacement Door Will "Work"

wrote:
I want to replace an odd-sized lauan door leading to our cellar with a
used but solid wood door I got at a Habitat for Humanity store. I have
a cat who likes to go outside in warm weather, and I'm getting too old
to stay up all night with her , so I thought I'd build a "cat door."

Do your cat, and the neighbors, a favor and keep it indoors. Simplest
solution ) That way, the neighbors won't have your cat's poop to
contend with nor the other strays that are attracted by it. Your cat
will be safer and possibly healthier, too.