Posted to alt.home.repair
deviL doG

Default what to do after pumping out septic tank

"Jay" wrote in message
et...
"Wayne Boatwright" wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com wrote in message
28.19...
On Tue 28 Mar 2006 10:24:51p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it George E.
Cawthon?

Ether Jones wrote:
are there any special precautions to take (for a short period of time)
after having the septic tank pumped? (routine maitenance pumping)

or should life just continue per normal, as if nothing had changed?

also, what is the purpose of the "baffle" near the input end of the
tank?

There are no precautions with normal use, although
filling the tank faster is preferable. It isn't
really a baffle, it is just a T or an L to direct
the influent flow down so that the influent
doesn't mix with the floating layer. The purpose
of the T at the outflow end is to allow the liquid
layer to flow out and keep the foam layer
(floating) in the tank. You don't want either the
floating layer or the bottom layer to enter the
drain field.

This leads me to my own question. We have never lived with a septic
system
before, but will soon be moving into a new home with a new septic system.
The tank size is 1500 gal. Given that this is a brand new system, is
there
anything special that should be done in the beginning of our using it?

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬

Wayne:

My goodness, 1,500 gallons, how many bedrooms is that bad boy rated
for????

Jay

In Massachusetts, 1500 gallons is the minimum size tank allowed for new
construction.