Stu

Default $100 Homebuilt Elevator Photos Uploaded - Very Dangerous!

"Lane"

The elevator operates with the person facing the pipe (toes inward)
and whose hand is on the momentary contact up/down switch. Yes, I
will admit that at times I can feel my back brushing the top opening
but the effect is so slight and the position is so far in the other
direction as not to be any problem. Also, the speed is just 'right'
as to be comfortable and controlable. The men and women who have
ridden it have all been smiles. I bet that you would also like it if
you tried it.

As far as insurance goes, I would rather live my life than worry about
what someone else thinks about what I do. If my wife likes it, that
is good enough for me. She loves it, uses it many times a day, and
brags about my invention to all of her friends.

BTW I checked the regulations and it does not fall into any known
category of elevator, man lift, or dumbwaiter.

BoyntonStu

lanenospam@copperaccentsdotcom wrote in message ...
You wouldn't catch me on that thing. Does your insurance agent know about
it? I'll bet not!
What happens if someones foot isn't all the way on the platform as you go up
through the opening. Off go the toes!
Lane

"Stu" wrote in message
om...
"AL"

Me and so far, anyone else 300lb or less.

BoyntonStu

wrote in message

Interesting. But what do you carry on it? A person?

"Stu" wrote in message
om...
I tried several cites and I finally found a no hassle free cite.

If you are interested in seeing a really simple, fast, and SAFE single
story 8' lift elevator capable of lifting 300 pounds in 10 seconds, go
to:

http://community.webshots.com/script...bumID=96391689

Thanks for all of your suggestions and for your help.

BoyntonStu