Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default duplicating phone and ring voltage

"mm" wrote in message

This sounds good, but I need to have it explained in simpler words.

There's several easy ways to generate a 25Hz at 96v, one is an old
fashioned multivibrator driving a 120V/12V transformer secondary, (ie a
25Hz

Multivibrator?

inverter)

25Hz inverter. All I can think of is the power supply from a tube
radio in a 1950 car, that runs off a 6 (or 12) volt battery.

and adjusting the multivibrator's supply down to get 96V. It's
rough and ready but there's no reason why it shouldn't work, and it uses a
few standard, off the shelf components.

So I have to build it? I can do that but I don't know how.

Dave

Here's a simple inverter-

http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_sa...l#SAMSCHEM_009

But to get more control over frequency you may need a more complex circuit
using an astable multivibrator or timer IC like a 555.

Dave