Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default HARBOR FREIGHT SLOT JOINTER

On 30 Mar 2006 06:48:22 -0800, "BT98" wrote:

I came accros a posting of a Harbor Freight slot cutter the other day
and now I can' find it. I wonder if it was on this group? It was
something about the Central Machine unit being a fair cutter. I wonder
if anyone has any comments on their better unit? I had been looking
for one on E-Bay and those guys are nuts. The Makita and Porter-Cable
units are selling for almost the new price.

I started out with the HF (Central) biscuit jointer, if that's what you mean...

It worked well enough to learn on and made me forget dowels forever...
When I had the right project to justify the cost, I bought the Craftsman
(DeWalt) model and couldn't BELIEVE the increased accuracy and ease of use..

That said, I got the HF one on sale for $19.95 and it was sort of an "offer I
couldn't refuse.. one of my kids has it now and uses it once in a while..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis