Posted to rec.woodworking
bf

Default HARBOR FREIGHT SLOT JOINTER

BT98 wrote:
I came accros a posting of a Harbor Freight slot cutter the other day
and now I can' find it. I wonder if it was on this group? It was
something about the Central Machine unit being a fair cutter. I wonder
if anyone has any comments on their better unit? I had been looking
for one on E-Bay and those guys are nuts. The Makita and Porter-Cable
units are selling for almost the new price.

I seem to recall people over the years saying the HF biscuit jointer (I
assume that's what you are talking about) is crap.

Personally, I'd do without one until I saved up the money to get a good
one (that's what I did). You can do glue ups without one, it just takes
longer. I don't think a poor quality one (like HF) is going to save you
much time.