Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default OT- Kansas joins right to carry

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:00:35 +0800, Stealth Pilot wrote:
On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:07:14 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Is it paranoia when there really ARE bad people who dont care about
who or what you are..only that you are prey?

I suppose the problem may lie in our experiences. I have visited
america but never been a mugging victim there.

Guess what? Most of us haven't either. Concealed Carry laws make
criminals find less personal ways to be criminals. They're not stupid,
they're dishonest. They know that it's not safe to try to mug someone
who might be armed, you see.

I was quite amused by my brother's reaction to making a wrong turn in
LA. when he realised which street we were on he went absolutely white
in the face.

And what does that have to do with anything? Presumably your brother
was unarmed and anyone intent on problems would know that.

And the ratio continues to grow. Your criminals simply dont fear their
victims any longer. Why should they..when the victims only choice is
to submit or be killed?

there is another option that is used in australia. a very active
police force. almost overbearing in some aspects but it works.

Thing is, in the US, caselaw has shown time after time that they don't
have a duty to protect individuals. Period.

look forget the imposition of wills aspect to this. it is evident that
we live in quite different societies. I'm just sorry that you cant
actually experience the peace of mind that we have in our society.

The condescending attitude of yours is really detracting from your
message. Just so you know. It's not that we don't understand you, it's
that you don't understand the situation. Talking to us like we're
children, because we understand reality, isn't effective.

I hope you get to enjoy it yourself one day.
peace of mind and freedom from fear is quite exquisite.

Yes, it is. I am free from fear because I am in control of the
situation. Dialing 911 and hoping for the best isn't a viable plan.