Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default Boilers at B and Q

Ian Stirling wrote:
. wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
. wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
. wrote:
Owain wrote:
JavaEnquirer wrote:
I'm looking to upgrade my old boiler to a condensing combi and
replace 10 radiators. I've had a number of plumbers in giving
me quotes, one as high as ?4500. One however told me to go to
B and Q and pick up a Ravenheat boiler pack

The problem doing it this way would be if something goes wrong
and the plumber says it's a boiler fault and B&Q say it's the
plumber's fault.

a plumber honest enough to point the OP towards a heat pack
from B&Q is unlikely to lie about a faulty part. (yoda)

Wheras B&Q never lie, and are complete experts on plumbing, able
to assess, simply on looking at you, if it's been installed
correctly.

the same can be said for any of the merchants/suppliers I've used
but, ateotd, a defective part is a defective part. (me)

The problem is not that B&Q, or the plumber are dishonest.
The problem is that if it goes wrong, there is no clear liable
party.

of course there is. the OP calls the plumber and the plumber calls
B&Q

And (potentially) B&Q says it's the plumbers fault, whereas the
plumber says it's B&Qs fault.
Then what do you do?

the install _will_ go fine and the boiler would run flawlessly for a number of
years* and the OP can spend the money saved on a back up service
plan when the standard warranty of the boiler runs out.

cheer up, Ian.

*the most likely scenario