Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Wiring overkill?

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 02:35:53 GMT, "mgarvie"
wrote:

Just about done wiring two bedrooms for two 14 year old boys in the
basement. Each room has 12/2 with ground and a 20 amp breaker. Three wall
plugs for whatever they will need in the future. Three more plug outlets
for computer, phone, TV in one corner. Even put in a phone outlet, cable,
and a cat 5e outlet for a router to be placed later. Am I forgeting
anything or have I already reach wiring overkill?

Burglar alarm wires at the windows?

Speaker wires for when they're (grown and?) gone and you want to play
the same music throughout the house?

Video and 2 audio cables (L and R) for when they're gone and you want
to play the same DVD throughout the house? You can use the RF cable
for that, but for some reason there are times I wish I had A and V
cables. One reason is that the selection box I got at Radio Shack
works with 2A and V, but not cable.

Should be one doorbell in the basement for when the only person home
is in the basement, and he wants to be able to hear the doorbell. I
finally have bells or buzzers on all three floors and now I don't miss
visitors or delivery men just because I have the radio on.

If you do everything everyone suggests, their rooms will be better
than my whole house put together, but as long as the walls are
open......