Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Kevin S.

Default pkt195db convergence board barbecue

Greetings all,

I'm working on an RCA 52" Model P52830BL, Chassis PTK195DB. Came in
with a blown main fuse, an obvious burnt R19233 and no convergence
(upon powering up with 200W bulb in series.) R19233 being on the
collector of Q19230 I figured it'd be toast too (some spurious power
surge perhaps?) but it wasn't and everything else looked OK, so I just
tried replacing R19233 (forgot to put the bulb back in series -oops-)
and it promptly toasted R19233 again, as well as R19207 and R19209.

I don't have a schematic, so I thought I'd run it by you gurus in case
anyone had had a dozen or so of these with a similar or same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin