Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
mm

Default duplicating phone and ring voltage

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 00:02:29 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
mm wrote:

OTOH, this
will slow down some my prospective 15 seconds per code, that I need to
finish in about 2 hours. Thanks.

Good grief. 15 seconds will only let you try 480 combos in two hours.

I know, and since there are only 1000 possible codes, the odds are
even that I will find it by the time I'm half way through.

But, you should be able to do it manually in even less than 15 seconds.
In the time you've spent jabbering about it, you'd already have the damn
thing done if you'd sat down and done it.

No I couldn't. I had to get the answers that people provided, and I
still have to build or buy a line voltage/ring voltage device. What's
eating you, Smitty?

Hell, you could dial the
number once and punch in five codes in succession.

I don't know if it works that way. It's a lot more secure if you have
to start off with a correct code.

Borrow a damn phone
from someone. If you're looking for pure intellectual diversion, go hook
up with that flavored coffee guy and solve the cold fusion thing instead
of trying to find a code for some five dollar answering machine that
some idiot stole and then fenced on ebay.

The previous one came from E-bay. This one comes from the wife of a
good friend who had it since it was new.

(The one I bought from ebay had exactly the same problem my old one
has. It would answer the phone and play the message, but it wouldn't
beep or start recording the message. I doubt if it was necessary to
steal it since it was broken. At the same time, testing this feature
requires more setup than testing recording and playing the incoming or
outgoing messages, so I don't think the seller knew it was broken. He
didn't claim that it worked. But by buying this one, it was a lot
easier to ask my friend not to get rid of his wife's machine. Turns
out she had stopped using it and he sent it to me.)

I used to work for a guy that could go in the machine shop and make a
piece of tooling from a sketch he scribbled on the back of an envelope
while he was taking a ****. He'd have the thing finished and working
faster than most engineers could draw it out from 12 different
perspectives with their drafting tables and t-squares and little tin
eraser guides.

Isn't that precious.

This isn't a great time to be patriotic, with traitors and war criminals
running the show, but "gettin' 'er done" *is* what made this country
great, not sittin' around pondering things to death.

Yeah, that's it. With the time I save not finding this code (while
watching tv), I'll be able to stop terrorists. (Also while watching
tv?)

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.