Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner

Default Odd objects to spread glue with

In article ,
says...

What "odd" thing have you spread glue with, that worked well?

Dave

For pva I use a stiff 1/2" artist's brush most of the time. I also have a
number of very thin, 6" long hardwood wedges that were left over from some job
or another, they flex beautifully and get into narrow spaces and they clean up
with a sharp chisel. For Gorilla glue, my preference is formica coated 1/4" mdf
tags. I seem to have inherited quite a lot of offcuts of this nature from
someone (don't use the stuff myself). Gives me the required very thin and even
application.

-P.