Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter Wiley

Default Google Earth

While you're looking at stuff, this one may be interesting if you
haven't come across it. First distrib we've been able to load straight
onto a HP laptop and work straight away, graphics card and all.

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

PDW

In article rs.com,
DoN. Nichols wrote:

According to :
DoN,
Why don't you try Reatogo?
http://www.reatogo.de/
IT's a Linux program based on Bart PE that allows a person to create
his own CD with His choice of Windows in an ISO file. The CD is
bootable and the program runs on the CD and Ram. When the CD is removed
there is no trace left on the hard drive. Any viruses picked up online
will die. The person can run Win XP, for example but does not have to
defile his machine by installing Micro$oft products.
If you want to try it I can send you a disk.

I can download it, and built it with Win 2000-Pro. Thanks for
the pointer. As long as the real disks on the system remain invisible
to the Windows.

I wonder whether it will compile and work under OpenBSD or
Solaris? Some linux programs tend to be *very* linux specific.

Of course -- most of my systems are based on various flavors of
SPARC CPUs, so I doubt that it would work on those. :-)

Thanks,
DoN.