Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

Default Flaking and blistering masonry paint.

wrote:
I think my best bet will be to 1)use a wite brush to remove as much of
the flaking paint as possible.
2) Paint the sill with "external grade, oil-based undercoat paint"
3) Repaint with masonry paint

Only one question. Where do i get this "external grade, oil-based
undercoat paint" from and does it have a more common name. Isn't
exterior gloss external grade, oil based paint. How would it being
undercoat, rather than topcoat affect it?

It's just standard "undercoat" i.e. not "quick drying". Available in all
the sheds. Often the instruction to wash brushes in white spirit is all
that indicates it's oil based.
If the sills are going to be white, I wouldn't bother with masonry paint