Default Newbie Question; Cold Rolled Steel bar

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:12:45 GMT, "Jim"
wrote something
......and in reply I say!:

I have a shop making a digging tool which I resell. They use CRS 1".
My customers want to know what it would take to bend this bar if they pry
with it.
short of immobilizing one end of the bar in a horizontal position and

adding
weights to the end of it, how can I describe it's "bendability"? *and*
where can I find that info?
I realize there are a lot of variables, like how long the bar is (48"),

and
the range of temper and tensile strength it reached during it's manf.,

but
given all the above, what would it take to bend this bar?

Tell them you are selling then a digging tool, but if they need a pry bar
you can provide them with one. For an added cost of course.}:-)

Or if they want, you can up-grade the digging tool for prying for a small
cost increase. Heck 33% cost increase sounds about right.

Red Rider