Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Stop Payment on Good Earnest Deposit

The only problem is that I think my realtor screwed me and removed the
general inspection contingency without my knowledge so he claims that
since the seller wanted the "as-is" contingency, I can not back out of
the contract. I noticed a copy of the contract I got, the part where
general inspection contingency is stated with my initals is crossed
out. There is no indication of me signing off on the change. I think
any changes to the contract requires some sort of initials.

My realtor will not come clean and tell me the truth. I think he
scrwed up and now he is pushing me to buy the property. I am
willing to give a little of the deposit if needed. Do I have any
options? I am stuck.