Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

Default Wiring overkill?

"mgarvie" wrote in message
news:duHWf.67287$oL.26621@attbi_s71...
Just about done wiring two bedrooms for two 14 year old boys in the
basement. Each room has 12/2 with ground and a 20 amp breaker. Three

wall
plugs for whatever they will need in the future. Three more plug outlets
for computer, phone, TV in one corner. Even put in a phone outlet, cable,
and a cat 5e outlet for a router to be placed later. Am I forgeting
anything or have I already reach wiring overkill?

If you want to get close to code make sure that every wall area has at least
one plug. No section of wall should be more than 6 foot to a plug. That is
confusing. A 12' wall needs one plug in the center. A 14' wall need two
plugs. Wall sections less than 2' do not require a plug.

Did you wire the overhead for a ceiling fan? optional
Did you wire for a hard wired smoke detector inter-connected in each BR?
required.

I think that is it.

--
Colbyt