Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Parker

Default ESR meter.. Where to buy what to get.

Hi again,
Well we all agree that the ESR drops as the temperature rises.
:-)
As one technician to another, I too prefer analog readout meters
to digital ones. A moving needle instantly tells you what you want to
know, without you having to mentally figure out what the speed of
change of some numbers is. I fully understand what you're talking
about. That's one reason why the Cap Wizard's so deservedly popular.
The DSE ESR meter uses a digital display because they have the
advantage of being small, cheap and mechanically rugged. They're also
more suited to the digital circuitry it uses. You win some and you
lose some. :-)

Regards
Bob

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:17:14 -0500, "Do Little2"
wrote:

Thanks for the info.
According to some users that posts here the DSE
ESR meter is indeed a very good product!

I probably belong to a small minority that occasionally like
to see a cap. ESR behavior during temperature changes.

Even in 2006 the best way to measure those ESR changes
is with an analog readout. However, I would be gladly
corrected if varying ESR changes could be properly read
with your digital ESR meter.