Posted to rec.woodworking
bf

Default New Rikon 18"-er Bandsaw Update

stoutman wrote:
I have been messing around with my new bandsaw (Rikon 10-345) and fine
tuning the guides and the heavy vibration that I had initially is gone.
Just a gentle hum now. My thrust bearings were set to far forward and they
were trying to push the blade forward as it ran and caused it to vibrate
like a mo fo.

Glad you figured it out. Thanks for the update.. By the way, I hope you
didn't take my posts as crapping on the Rikon. I'm happy with it. I
think it's an excellent value. I could justify buying it for occasional
hobby use, but I couldn't justify a Laguana, even though I'm sure
Laguana is a dream saw.

I just wanted to post some of the down sides of the Rikon in my review,
because before I purchased one, I found nothing but glowing reports on
it in this group. I just wanted to present some of the trade offs.

I think it's a good saw. The fence sucks, but it's a good saw. Totally
awesome for cutting bowl blanks, which is what I use it for 90% of the
time.