Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default Tree Mill 2uvr-c - Face Milling

According to John Martin :

wrote:
How can I tell the difference?

Thanks

Jason

Measure the spindle. You can find tables online or in Machinery's
Handbook or other places that will give you the various taper
dimensions.

Even better, if you do have anything that does fit the spindle taper,
measure that. It's easier than measuring inside a small taper.

Or -- get something which you *know* to be Morse taper No. 2.
If it its snugly, that is what you need. If it doesn't, then you need
to go to the other. If you have a lathe, the tailstock taper may be a
Morse taper No. 2 (or a MT-3) depending on size. My little
Compact-5/CNC has the tailstock taper MT-1, and the headstock taper is
MT-2. The taper in my drill press spindle is also MT-2.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |