Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Devonshire

Default Mouse Balls

On the day of 29 Mar 2006 19:02:04 -0800...

typed these letters:

Wow! Fidonet. Boy is that an old term you don't hear any more of.
Making me feel quite old. Echomail is another one from the BBS world.
Quite popular when I was using my datashare 300 modem posting messages
on the local BBS and getting a reply a few days later from someone on
the West Coast. Very creative technology for get around a long distance
phone call. Those were the days of CPM and wordstar. I remember using a
wand for a cursor on our $250K CAD/CAM system.

Thanks Devonshire for reminding me on just how old I really am.

gary

Years ago I ran a multi-node WildCat BBS til the Interent service
providers set up camp here and drew away all the interest in BBS's. I
was also the Fidonet hub around here for a while. 1:3654/200 was my
hub address if I remember correctly. I must have got into it a bit
later. I started at 2400baud. Fidonet was a neet setup. Towards the
end I was was on Planet Connect and receiveing Fidonet mail, files,
and a bunch of other stuff by an old 10 foot C-band satellite dish
which is still in the yard. Of course all my outgoing stuff went via
modem.

Did the CAD software happen to be CadKey? In college we had tablets
and wands that worked with that software. The wand kinda looked like
a ball point pen.

Devonshire