Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
dan

Default Mouse Balls

Terry Collins wrote:
Devonshire wrote:

Aaah, therein lies your problem. Your vision is blinkered.

What's that supposed to mean?

all you knew was ibm-compatible computers.

OTOH, my first computer was a PDP 11/45 (?) which only had paddles and
blinking lights.

I took my first programming class on a CDC-6400 - Programmed using
cards, baby! We reverently descended into the bowels of the building
and offered our card stacks to the priests behind the counter, then
returned later in the hope that our output was indeed resting on the
output table - hardly dreaming in might have actually (gasp) compiled
and (whoa) run, and (dream on) produced the output we desired...

Things like the 8 queens problem and recursive sorts were real wow items!

In the days of Bill Joy...

Dan