Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DanG

Default Really OT= pf flyers cost in '63

I wanted a pair of Converse All Stars to be cool for gym class and
weekend work. We could not wear tennis shoes to high school.
There were some LaCrosse look alikes at the local "surplus" store.
$3.85 plus tax as I recall - I know the All Stars were higher. PF
Flyers were out of style or not popular in my group, Keds were for
kids. My football shoes were black leather high tops with the
hard (bakelite?) screw on spikes. The freshman worked out in
leather helmets - varsity and JV got the "real" helmets with
single bar face guards.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"patrick mitchel" wrote in message
Trying to dredge up some numbers from neurons that haven't seen
the light of
day in ages. What was the cost on a pair of pf flyers in
1963.With the
diversity in this ng, there's gotta be someone who's brain cells
have
retained the info. TIA Pat