Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stud finder that will work thru gypcrete?

(It's getting near time to draw a diagram of the room, and post it somewhere.)

OK, I will try to wip out the AutoCAD tonight and make a simple
drawing. As far as the joist direction goes, I was following the logic
from the second post 'Usually, the same direction as the roof slopes'.
I think the plan now is to get a good stud finder and figure out which
direction the ceiling joists are going. Hopefully the floor joists are
going in the same direction as the ceiling joists.