Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba TV Sound went bye bye

I looked in the back of my TV and discovered that both speakers were
hooked up to the same channel. My kids probably did this when hooking
up the Xbox. Does this help. Is there anyway I can run the sound
through a receiver instead of the TV?

Thanks Deb

ampdoc wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I was watching a DVD on my Toshiba TV (CN35F90) last night when right
in the middle of the movie I heard a loud POP and the souind went
out.There was a slight "electrical odor too". NO sound thru the TV, DVD
or PS2. We did not do anything out of the ordinary to the TV prior to
the POP (like hook anything up to it)

Any ideas?

Thanks Deb

Time to call the service company. Most likely the audio output IC has
failed, or possibly a regulator supplying power to the audio out has given
up the ghost. Not an issue you are likely to resolve without the proper
tools and working knowledge of TV repair.