Posted to rec.woodworking
dnoyeB

Default Miter joint frame clamp needed

This time around I plan to create miter joints on the corners of my
stereo cabinet frame. I will also be creating a frame for a projector
screen and I plan to miter that as well. Not sure why since you cant
see it, but I got this miter saw so I'll get my wife to bring me a glass
of water while the wood is on the saw illustrating how valuable it is

anyway, I am wondering about the clamps. With box frame corners I just
clamp horizontally. If I try that with mitered corners the top will
squeeze out. I suppose if I had big enough clamps I could but 1 each
way, but I imagine that trickery would be too much for me before the
glue hardener... What type of *new tool* to I need to support glueing /
clamping these corners up? (admitedly if I can do it without a new tool
that will work too)

__
Thanks again!