Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jerry wass

Default OT - 12 V. DC to AC "Automotive" Inverter

wrote:

People on this group seem to have a lot of experience with stuff like
this, so I though I'd ask...

I'm going to buy a DC-to-AC inverter to run a small blower off a 12
volt battery, along with one or two other small motors occasionally.
It's all light-duty stuff -- no more than a single ~1/8 horsepower
motor at a time (but they will go for up to 8 hours or so).

I really don't know much about these inverters. Is there a particular
brand any one would recommend? Are some are particularly inefficient,
or have other problems I should watch out for?

Thanks,

~Jeff PolaskiI

If you're going to run an electric motor, I'd get one 2 to 3 times the
load of the motor.--blower = long slow start, high current draw, and
bad power factor.