Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default OT- Kansas joins right to carry

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:55:51 +0800, Stealth Pilot
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 04:06:05 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

KANSAS PASSES "SHALL-ISSUE" RIGHT-TO-CARRY!

On Thursday, Governor Sebelius' (D) veto of NRA-backed Right-to-Carry
legislation, Senate Bill 418, "The Personal and Family Protection
Act," was overridden!

"After 12 years, it took a collective, bi-partisan effort to win this
fight," NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox declared. Kansas now
joins 38 other states that respect the Right-to-Carry and allow their
citizens to carry a firearm for personal protection.

it is truely a tragedy when neighbours and friends view people they
dont know with deep suspicion. there is a core aspect of humanity
which is destroyed in the process.

can I suggest that people watch the michael moor video "bowling over
columbine" (I think that that is what it was called)
particularly the section toward the end which compared the experiences
of two communities which live either side of the canadian border
river.
you americans have no idea how much you lose in your quality of life
by this course of action. americans who have lived in either
australia, new zealand or canada are quite vocal in wanting our
quality of life and often migrate from america as a result. the
difference is that we dont carry guns.

I'm a gun owner and user myself but we dont carry guns as a matter of
routine because of the subtle psychology that develops where the
carrier starts seeing everyone in terms of their potential threat.
superficially you'd call the attitude paranoia and many of us in the
first world worry that it will bring the demise of the USA eventually.

Stealth (sad indeed) Pilot

blink blink...the guns are the response, not the cause. Flys cause
garbage?

They are the response to a high crime rate and groups of people who
have been raised to think that normal folks are prey to be harvested
at their will..and get away with it.

Since the ever increasing liberalization of US gun laws..its
surprising how rapidly the crime rate is falling. In fact..we are now
down to 1964 levels..a time when armed citizens were very common.
One should note that the UK now has a much much higher violent crime
rate than the US does, which is interesting to note as the Uk laws
against self defense continue to become more draconian.

Is it paranoia when there really ARE bad people who dont care about
who or what you are..only that you are prey?

I wonder..do you carry this same mindset you exhibit..into other areas
such as driving? Or are you alert, aware and understanding that there
are those around you that will sooner or later do something that can
result in your death or injury? And drive accordingly?

Are you paranoid if you have a fire extinguisher or smoke detector in
your home? Are you paranoid if you wear seatbelts?

When one understands that in the US..firearms are used about 1.5
million..million times a year to stop or prevent a crime against ones
person, property or family..Id hardly think it was paranoia..or a bad
mindset that suggests one keep on their toes and have the tools needed
to deal with such a situation.

It should also be noted..there are some significant cultureal
differences. Until of late..the UK and Oz both were largly homogenious
cultures. White Anglo Saxon Prodestants for the most part. Common
cause, common culture.
In such cultures crime tends to be low. Its interesting to note now
that such is not the case..both the UK and Oz have skyrocketing crime
rates, while the US..which is th poster child for Diversity..has a
falling one. Whats one of the prime differences? We are armed..and
you are not. It should be noted..that when in the UK..it was common
for citizens to be regularly armed..crime rates were pretty low. Far
lower than now. Then the Peers disarmed the public in fear of being
overthrown by the Bolsheviks...and the crime rates have been
increasing steadily. Are you aware that rape, assult and burglary to
occupied dwellings are far higher per capita in the UK than in the US?
And the ratio continues to grow. Your criminals simply dont fear their
victims any longer. Why should they..when the victims only choice is
to submit or be killed?

Tell me..since guns cause paranoia in your opinon..why are the Swiss
so disgustingly boring?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3