Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default OT- Kansas joins right to carry

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:55:51 +0800, Stealth Pilot wrote:
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 04:06:05 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

"After 12 years, it took a collective, bi-partisan effort to win this
fight," NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox declared. Kansas now
joins 38 other states that respect the Right-to-Carry and allow their
citizens to carry a firearm for personal protection.

it is truely a tragedy when neighbours and friends view people they
dont know with deep suspicion. there is a core aspect of humanity
which is destroyed in the process.

Well, if they break into my house while I'm there, I'm going to tend to
be deeply suspicous of them, yes. Likewise if they initiate violence
against me in any other way.

can I suggest that people watch the michael moor video "bowling over
columbine" (I think that that is what it was called)

You mean the movie that even the distributor disclaims as inaccurate?

particularly the section toward the end which compared the experiences
of two communities which live either side of the canadian border
river.

Well, if you get your facts from michael moore, you really need to work
harder on evaluating the validity of your sources, rather than in trying
to convince others to do the same. Even the liberals I know,
acknowledge that he's lying.

you americans have no idea how much you lose in your quality of life
by this course of action.

What, by being allowed to defend myself from a criminal? Yeah, I'm
pretty sure I understand what I'm losing there...

americans who have lived in either
australia, new zealand or canada are quite vocal in wanting our
quality of life and often migrate from america as a result. the
difference is that we dont carry guns.

A friend of mine took a job in Australia, and moved back because of the
anti-gun environment.

I'm a gun owner and user myself but we dont carry guns as a matter of
routine because of the subtle psychology that develops where the
carrier starts seeing everyone in terms of their potential threat.

For someone who doesn't understand the situation, you're sure writing a
lot.

superficially you'd call the attitude paranoia and many of us in the
first world worry that it will bring the demise of the USA eventually.

So, you're going on the record here, to state that you think that only
the criminals should be armed, and that honest, law-abiding citizens
should be forbidden the means to effectively defend themselves?

Whose side are you on, exactly?