Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb

Default under floor polystyrene

In message , Stuart
writes

I had exactly the same thing on our church kitchen floor. The fix was to
cut some narrow slots across the join with a router about 75mm long and
12mm deep. Then drop a suitable dowel (I just used plated wood screws)
in each slot and fill with fibreglass resin. This effectively stitches
the two ends together - no further movement.

As an alternative how about a fix similar to what is used to join
kitchen worktops ,you know the threaded rods which sit in a recess
with the ends shaped to take the rounded sections .You'll again need a
router for this and depends how much room you have to use the real
joining parts but maybe you could adapt one (2) or just use threaded
rod and a couple of washers to take the strain ..

The only easily available router is just about capable of the slots. The
job is planned for tomorrow pm so I'm trying to keep it simple.

There might be an issue over how wide a gap the vinyl will span without
dimpling.

regards

--
Tim Lamb