Phil Mitchell

Default I want to start cutting sheet aluminum...

Thank you to everyone that responded. The advice so far is that a 4TPI to
6TPI with stick wax or citrus cleaner for a lubricant is the way to go.

I will be cutting some contours in motor mounts for some old racing
hydroplanes. Most of the plate will be .250" to .375". I know on the new
boat we are doing that it will be .500".

One of my plans is to install some scraper brushes on the wheels to keep the
buildup of chips to a minimum. I'm also using a chip collector (dust
collector or shop vacuum) on the band saw to keep them to a minimum.

I'll let you guys know how it comes out.

Thanks again for helping a new guy out.

Phil

TOF (Three Old Farts) Racing
Avenger A-30
Special Edition J-17

"Phil Mitchell" wrote in message
I need to start cutting aluminum plate (1/2" or less) and some angle.

The material will be 6061-T6 mostly and I'll be cutting it on a bandsaw.

What blade should I use on this material and what should be SFPM be?

It's a Grizzly 1HP band saw for wood. I'm guessing that I need to slow

the
blade down but by how much?

The blade is a puzzle too. What style of blade, what tooth type and how
many TPI?

Thanks so much, I searched GOOGLE and didn't come up with anything.

Phil