Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom McQuinn

Default Drilling Hole in a Glass Mirror

Big Al wrote:

You can use a brass flathead screw and valve grinding compound. Just don't
let the glass get hot. Mount the screw by the threads in an electric drill.
Run it slow in a puddle of compound. Press down and wait. When you feel it
quit cutting, lift the screw and push the compound back in the right place.
It's not fast but it works. I'd make a test hole in some scrap glass just to
get the feel of it.

Al

I saw my father drill a hole in glass this way probably 35 years ago.
He used a drill press, a wooden dowel rod, and valve grinding compound.

Tom