Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Beck

Default 74c14 substitute follow up

In article . com,
says...
good day, let me ask more question please.

I have here 7805 regulator ready for use. I just dont understand if a
12 volt circuit design can be operated on 5 volts. Let me enlighten
with this thing. Can it be compatible? Is there no operating
differences or malfunction of the circuit because the circuit will
operate with lower voltage supply and that might affect the operation
because it doesn't go with the circuit design? If it is still works,
i'll be glad coz i will not bother to find 74c14 which is not available
in my place.

tnx again,

ian

I would stick with the original design and get the C parts. The higher
operating voltage may be needed for a particular function of the device.

Jim