Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

Default Hitachi AP53 Chassis, Convergence out, STK's statically check, Res / alignment question

If you want the manual let me know I will send it to you.
Would need Model Number as well.
kip
"Markus" wrote in message
Kip,

Checked today, parts should be in tomorrow. I'll let you know how it
goes. I did some searching for a setup guide to get to the hidden
convergence screen, think that I found it, will let you know. I went
over the board with a magnifying glass, could find nothing out of the
norm. All diodes checked OK with my fluke meter, most of the time if
they are poor they will check high in the forward direction. Read
some ware that these PCB's break, funny thing is when I was removing
it the back got caught under the bolt in the center of the chassis
(lower cabinet anchor) I could see how that could happen. This board
doesn't look cracked. What bugs me is that the STK's checked OK
(statically) I did solder a couple funny looking joints, however, non
of those really looked open. I noticed there are LEDS for the various
power supply's. When I install it and fire it up I'll have to check
those. Just have a gut feeling that this sucker is going to be a
tuffy, wish I had the whole unit back in my shop. Thanks again for
checking those resistors. I dug around on the net, thought I could
find a manual for it, just found the alignment instructions.

Take care and have a great day,

Markus