Leonard & Peggy Brown

Default Narrow Brass Tubing - Smothing Out Cut Ends

Cut it with a dremmil tool and you will have very little to polish. Use the
thin cut off tools.

"Ted Edwards" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

I'm working with 3/32" (outside diameter) brass tubing that I cut into
short lengths (1" - 3") to use with fishing lures. I need a way to
smooth out the ends so that the sharp edges will not cut through
fishing line that will pass though the tubes.

Do you have a lathe? If not, you now have an excuse to get one. If
(when) you do, cut the tubing in the lathe with a really sharp parting
tool and then touch up the inside with a sharp countersink to remove
what little burr will be there.

If you want to flare the end a little, you could do it with the work
spinning and a tool that looks like a rivet set for hollow end rivets in
the tailstock.

Ted