Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C

Default Wrong screw dilemma!

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:58:57 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

Try some double sided tape, sticky pad, blue tack, hot melt glue,
chewing gum etc to stick the screwdriver point to the screw head, and
gently pull while unscrewing.

Which will all fail. ;-)

Well the 'from Argos' bit doesn't help, it looks great in the
catalogue but...

A few years ago I ordered a futon, when it was delivered took one look
at the mattress and decided to send it back!

Then ordered one off the web from a shop in Oxford which arrived the
next day. Cost 50% more but better VFM.

Fool me twice, I bought a couple of stools in their sale, they looked
like they had a thick padded seat, but in reality were hard as rock!

That said they have some good deals on power tools from time to time
if you're not a label snob

cheers,
Pete.