Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
mm

Default duplicating phone and ring voltage

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 23:59:09 -0500, "
wrote:

I used to have a hand cranked generator from an old phone. This puts out
exactly what you need. Think they are still available through gov surplus as
field telephones.

We had these in that 7th grade class I mentioned, but I don't think
they lend them out (and may not have them 46 years later and I
live in another city) But I'll look in surplus sources. OTOH, this
will slow down some my prospective 15 seconds per code, that I need to
finish in about 2 hours. Thanks.

"Ken Layton" wrote in message
oups.com...
Try the Viking Electronics model DLE200 telephone line simulator box.
It's only about 5" by 2 " with phone jacks on it. It only cost around
$100 about 12 years ago.

Thanks a lot to you and beachcomber. It is just what I need, and the
price now ranges from 145 to 114, for the very same thing, online,
plus shipping. It's small to -- oh, yeah, you said that -- and
although that is a lot of money to fix these two things, it may have
uses in the future. OTOH, I have the specs now to do this myself, so
we'll see.