Posted to uk.d-i-y
Will Dean

Default electrcity connection charge

"AJH" wrote in message

As I recall O&M cost of the genset far exceeded the value of any heat
recovered during the heating season.

I'm not surprised. People often seem to make casual mental comparisons
between car servicing and generator maintainance - not realising that one
year of 24/7 generator running is *way* more hours than you would expect an
ordinary car to do in its entire life. (Acknowledging, of course, that
some automotive wear mechanisms are absent for the generator.)

Having looked after various people using generators to power their isolated
houses, I always try to discourage others from getting into that sort of
situation too casually.

Will