Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default VERY IMPORTANT - MUY IMPORTANTE -

Steve S wrote:

I have a problem in believing something that cannot be either proved or
disproved.

Now that I don't, insofar as in order to be able to function at all
everyone believes in something,. even if it is only that they exist in a
world and are able to act in it.

What I object to is the 'multiplication of entities beyond necessity'
Particularly is such a blatantly anthropic way.

I MIGHT go alone with a nineteen dimensional supertwist god with a plan
so alien that we couldn't even begin to understand it. but a nice sort
of 'I made you in my image, I care about you, you can go out and play
but behave yourself or you'll be in detention and get no crumpets for
tea' is beyond belief...its an insult to anyone with any intelligence.