Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default "Stick Built," "Engineered Trusses," and Load Bearing Walls

wrote:
I guess it goes without saying I'm not an engineer or contractor. A
friend who's an unbelievable DIYer asked me if a (small) bathroom wall
I plan to tear down is load bearing. I couldn't answer. He asked if
my home is stick-built and if the attic has trusses.

An acquaintance of mine is now housing his mother in law and father in
law while there home is rebuilt. It seems the roofer thought he know enough
about engineered roof frames to make some changes. The walls fell in.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit